Whether you have an outdated server or no server at all, you likely have questions on how to invest your resources most effectively. It’s best not to try to answer these without the help of experts. A server purchase is probably the biggest technology investment that you will make, something you’ll live with for the next half decade.
At Nulegend, our server consultants provide the Open Source Ubuntu server expertise necessary for Charlotte Area businesses, from Rock Hill, SC to Columbia,SC , answer these tough questions and ensure that they invest resources wisely now and in the future.
We truly understand hardware requirements associated with a Ubuntu server technology. , having individually proven experts at deploying and managing their software solutions for small businesses.
With this knowledge, we help you evaluate the effectiveness your existing investments, assess your current and future needs and explain your options in detail before recommending any type of new investment. For example, companies that have already invested in Windows Server 2003 may decide it’s most cost-effective to upgrade and maintain their existing server environment for another year or so before considering a complete upgrade. Others that have not yet invested may decide the time is right to move away from an individual PC or workgroup solution to a centralized Windows server infrastructure. We understand the idiosyncrasies of all these environments and are able to support and advise businesses with any server installation.
Once deployed, maintaining a Open Source environment is vitally important. We ensure that you keep patched, protected, and backed-up on a regular basis. We leverage innovative management software to quickly and seamlessly perform these tasks, making sure everything from e-mail to critical business applications run smoothly. This server management is just another part of our ongoing monthly IT services and support.
Your business and technical needs may go beyond the standard Windows Server environment. Finding an IT services and support team with expertise in both Windows and Linux—one that can truly support a heterogeneous environment—is a challenge. We’re proud to offer a team of IT professionals at V&C Solutions who have ample experience installing and supporting both platforms.
We help you maintain and support installations of Zimbra , Sendmail, SFTP servers, TWIKI and many other Unix-based environments, and we cover your full infrastructure, from your ISP’s modem all the way out to your desktops.
Once the domain of big enterprise with deep pockets, virtualization is now a useful and increasingly common tool for small- to medium-sized businesses. Companies of any size have access to inexpensive or free virtualization packages and powerful computing resources that support this cutting-edge technology. At Nulegend, we are well versed in how to effectively implement low-cost virtual solutions for SMBs.
First, we help you evaluate if virtualization in right for your business. We consider how your current physical resources are being utilized. Do you have a number of different servers doing different tasks? Are these same services spending significant time sitting idle? Are you concerned with the current cost, efficiency and time spent supporting and maintaining your existing server environment?
We also look at future needs. Do you anticipate finite periods of increased demand on your server environment in the coming year? Are you looking for ways to more effectively test and deploy new applications and software? Do you need more data storage or want to increase the frequency of back-ups for more seamless recovery during outages and disasters?
Once we’ve evaluated the need, we work with you to navigate the plethora of free and open source virtualization implementations that are available to companies of your size. We help you select the right solution for your business and deploy your virtualization environment with ease. Nulegend uses VMware for all your virtual needs. Watch this short Video on VMware workstation 8 by clicking here.
VMware workstation 8
Key VMware Workstation 8 features include:
- Remote Connections – VMware Workstation 8 provides a seamless way to establish remote connections to hosts running in Workstation, VMware vSphere, and VMware vCenter™.
- “Share” VMs – New in Workstation 8, users can share VMs so they can be accessed by teammates providing a quick way to test applications in a more production-like environment.
- Upload to vSphere –Workstation 8 enables users to drag and drop a VM from a user’s desktop to VMware vSphere. This feature allows users to deploy a complete application environment from a PC to a server for further testing, demoing, and analysis.
- New User Interface –The VMware Workstation 8 user interface has been revamped with simplified menus, live thumbnails, improved preferences screens, and a new virtual machine library with enhanced searching. Users can now search and access a large library of virtual machines that can reside on your desktop, a server, or on another PC running VMware Workstation.
- Improved Virtual Machine Capabilities – With support for HD audio with 7.1 surround sound, USB 3 and Bluetooth devices, Workstation 8 delivers new levels of virtual machine performance. In addition, improvements to virtual SMP, 3D graphics performance and new support for 64-GB RAM allows users to run the most demanding applications in a virtual machine.
VMware Workstation, the industry’s first personal virtualization tool and winner of more than 50 awards, is recognized for its broad operating system support, rich user experience, comprehensive feature set, and high performance.